Brainerd Lakes Marketplace, Brainerd/Baxter
Brainerd Lakes Marketplace, the area’s largest consumer trade show, is conducted in the spring at the Brainerd Area Civic Center and Gold Medal Arena. The event features about 150 booths, attracts more than 5,000 consumers and raises funds for the Chamber. The 2013 Brainerd Lakes Marketplace will be April 5-6.
- Contact staff liaison
- Sponsorship information
- Exhibitor application and contract
- 2013 Event information: Hours, demonstrations, specials, and more
To attract potential customers for your business, Brainerd Lakes Marketplace offers demonstrations and drawings for prizes, senior-oriented activities Friday, a “Party in the Park” on Friday night and children-oriented activities on Saturday. The 2013 event is anticipated to surpass the 2012 attendance of more than 5,000 attendees.
Based on feedback from businesses and attendees, the Chamber is making the following enhancements to the event:
- Floor plan adjustments to the event layout to improve traffic flow and create more interactive opportunities
- Extending “Party in the Park” food offerings into the Gold Medal Arena
- New hours: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday
Exhibitors happy with the results from 2012:
Of the 2012 exhibitors surveyed, more than 90 percent said they were satisfied with the results of the show. Some candid feedback from the post-show survey:
- “We were able to share who and what we are with many people. That was our goal and you helped us achieve it. Thank you!”
- “We were very pleased with the new structure of the show and thought the energy was great! So many people really seemed to enjoy themselves.”
- “You created a warm and inviting environment for attendees to visit with area business people.”
- “The new look, new activities and the added demonstrations all helped create new interest in this show. I definitely think it had a positive impact on attendance.”
- “Having a leadership presence at a show like this is vitally important to its success, and your staff certainly came through. Great job!”
Plan now to participate!
Booth spaces and sponsorship opportunities are limited – so reserve your space today. No other show in the area delivers customers and an experience like the Marketplace. Sell your products and services to residents and visitors of the Lakes Area. With space for only 150 Chamber member businesses to showcase their products and services, this sells out fast!
Plus, a significant advertising campaign drives awareness and attendance of this spring event, and every participating business has the opportunity to participate in marketing opportunities – included with their booth. Affordable booth packages are available from premier placement sponsor opportunities, to an 8 x 10’ booth for $375, and limited tabletop product sales spaces at $225. There is an opportunity for everyone to participate!
More about the event
Formerly known as the Commerce and Industry Show, the Brainerd Lakes Marketplace has been a staple event in the community for years. The new show features an “open air” floor plan to encourage attendees to stroll among the spring, park-like setting, enjoying local fare, live demonstrations, camaraderie and browsing Brainerd Lakes Marketplace vendors. Businesses are encouraged to have items to sell at the event (if appropriate), and special activities are planned for all ages to attract buyers from throughout the region.
A $2 admission fee (for adults only; children younger than 18 are free) is charged at the door, and all attendees are entered in a drawing for door prizes. (Prizes are awarded throughout the event and donated by vendors.)